Bud and Tara Shaver: email@example.com
Or make Checks out to: Bud and Tara Shaver
P.O. Box 50351 Albuquerque, NM 87181
Since 2007 Bud and Tara Shaver have been dedicated in their work to see an end to abortion in America. Commissioned by Operation Rescue to Albuquerque in 2010, they are implementing several proven strategies, in an effort to make New Mexico, “Abortion Free.” They have redefined the American mission field and their Pro-Life efforts have been featured in virtually EVERY major news source in the country.
Bud and Tara strive to keep Christ at the center of their efforts.
Our ministry is Christ centered and grace filled. There are many ways to get involved, our prayer is that you will join us in our life saving ministry. Bud and Tara Shaver
The Albuquerque Journal, New Mexico’s most prominent newspaper did a profile piece on our efforts:
(Photo credit: Roberto E. Rosales/Albuquerque Journal)
“We’re just Christian people who want to see babies’ lives saved and moms protected,” Tara said.
“We ultimately want to bring our culture and community in New Mexico to a point, not where we enforce our will on New Mexico,” Bud said, “but where New Mexico understands and embraces a culture of life.”
Read the full profile piece by the Albuquerque Journal: Bud and Tara Shaver take no prisoners in their ‘culture of life’ campaign
Since moving to Albuquerque, New Mexico in 2010 our work has consistently led national Pro-Life efforts:
After the closure of the late-term abortion clinic in Wichita, KS, Operation Rescue learned that two of the abortionists from the Kansas clinic were relocating to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Two of our interns, Bud and Tara Shaver, felt the call of God to move to Albuquerque and work to stop abortions there. The Shavers now work with Project Defending Life, a group that works in cooperation with Operation Rescue to expose abortion abuses in New Mexico.
Together, the groups uncovered and exposed a series of 911 calls that were evidence of life-threatening abortion complications at two Albuquerque abortion clinics. Complaints were filed with the Medical Board and the investigation into these unsafe clinics is progressing. In addition, the role of the University of New Mexico in the abortion industry has been fully documented, and efforts are underway to convince the UNM Regents to cease all participation in abortion and abortion training.
Shelley Sella, faced a disciplinary hearing before the New Mexico Medical Board in November for gross negligence in a 35 week abortion where Sella overused uterine contracting drugs on a woman with a history of a previous Caesarian Section, resulting in a ruptured uterus. Sella faces possible license revocation. The injury was discovered when former OR intern Tara Shaver obtained the 911 call records. OR and Mrs. Shaver filed complaints resulting in the Board action.
Albuquerque, NM – Pro-life missionaries Bud and Tara Shaver, of Project Defending Life in Albuquerque, New Mexico, have been named as recipients of the 2013 Pro-life Person of the Year Malachi Award in recognition of their outstanding work in bringing the matter of late-term abortions into the national spotlight.
After an internship with Operation Rescue, the Shavers moved to Albuquerque in 2010 to expose late-term abortions at Southwestern Women’s Options, one of the few abortion clinics in the nation that openly conduct abortions throughout the full nine months of pregnancy.
Tara’s ground-breaking research documented evidence of numerous life-threatening abortion emergencies and other abuses at that late-term abortion facility. She also uncovered that state taxpayers are forced to foot the bill for late-term procedures at the cost of thousands of dollars each.
Information gathered by the Shavers became the basis of a citizen’s petition to amend the City of Albuquerque’s charter to ban abortions after 20 weeks gestation, when babies are known to feel pain. That initiative was the first-ever attempt to ban an abortion procedure at the municipal level. Tara and Bud Shaver spearheaded a grass roots signature drive that garnered a record 27,000 in just 20 days to place the late-term abortion ban on the ballot, then established a Political Action Committee that campaigned in favor of it.
While the Albuquerque Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Ordinance failed to pass during a November 19 city-wide vote, the Shavers, who served as national media spokespersons for the effort, contributed significantly to an increased awareness of late-term abortions in New Mexico an across the nation.
The Malachi Award is given by Operation Rescue every year to recognize individuals who sacrificially work to advance the cause of protecting the pre-born.
Group launches new anti-abortion campaign (KOB Eyewitness News 4)
“As we move forward in Albuquerque, we realize that abortion will end in our city and state, when hearts are touched and minds are changed concerning the killing of the most innocent and defenseless children in our state, those in the womb. PROTEST ABQ is a way to raise this public awareness. If we accomplish nothing else, we must succeed in protesting the evil of our generation…legalized child killing,” stated Bud Shaver, Executive Director at PROTEST ABQ.
Protest ABQ is already making an impact both locally and nationally! To read (and) watch news coverage:
- Major Pro-Life Groups Call for a National Strike and Protests to End Abortion
- First-Ever National Strike For Life Calls for an End to Abortion on Anniversary of Roe v. Wade
- Success! National Protests and Strike Event Recap
- Dramatic Reversal: Abortion Protests Lead to Promising Public Policy Shift in New Mexico
(Picture cropped and “orange-screen” added by New Mexico Political Report)
- 2015: Activists plan to push lawmakers for abortion restrictions (New Mexico Political Report)
- New Mexico Baby Body Parts Scandal Timeline Recap
- CRIMINAL COMPLAINT AGAINST ABORTION CLINIC FILED BY PRO-LIFE GROUP CHARGES THEY HARVEST BABY PARTS (Life Dynamics)
- Anti-abortion groups want probe of fetal tissue disposition in N.M. (Albuquerque Journal)
- Abortion protestors target ABQ Planned Parenthood (Albuquerque Journal)
- Largest Protest Of Planned Parenthood EVER in New Mexico and Across USA
(Picture from the Albuquerque Journal)
- House recommends criminal charges against New Mexico late-term abortion clinic (Washington Times)
- Congressional Investigation Documents University of New Mexico’s Use of Aborted Fetal Tissue (National Catholic Register)
- Albuquerque’s anti-abortion crusaders: Bud and Tara Shaver take no prisoners in their ‘culture of life’ campaign (Albuquerque Journal)
(Roberto E. Rosales/Albuquerque Journal)
FULL FEATURE- Inside NM Reproductive Health Clinics
- Official Launch of Abortion Free New Mexico on April 18, 2017
- CM EXCLUSIVE: INTERVIEW WITH NEW MEXICO’S PRO-LIFE INVESTIGATORS
- Abortion Free New Mexico and Priests for Life have released 36 undercover recording’s exposing late-term abortion in the Albuquerque the Late-Term Abortion Capital of America…and Late Term Abortion Across America.
- Watch the undercover videos and read the full reports.
- Woman DEAD from Abortion at Late-Term Facility Currently Under Criminal Investigation
- Looking Deeper: Analysis of Facts Proves Woman Died from Abortion — Not Pregnancy
- In Light of Abortion Patient Death, New Mexico Rep. Pearce Seeks Federal Investigation
- 2018: BREAKING: Curtis Boyd Under Investigation by New Mexico Medical Board
We received confirmation from the New Mexico Medical Board (NMMB) this month that they have launched an investigation into the death of a local Albuquerque woman who died on February 4, 2017 as a result of complications suffered during a late term abortion performed by Curtis Boyd.
Read the letter we received from the New Mexico Medical Board: New Mexico Medical Board Letter Confirms Curtis Boyd Under Investigation
Albuquerque Journal: Medical board agrees to review provider of late-term abortions
- Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue issued the following statement,
“We commend Tara Shaver and Abortion Free New Mexico for their diligent work in documenting this abortion patient death and the suspicious circumstances that surrounds it. The fact that the very liberal NMMB is pursuing an investigation into Boyd’s possible violations of the Medical Practice Act validates Shaver’s concerns and ours about his negligent conduct,” said Newman. “Keisha Atkins deserves justice and her family deserves closure. We are cautiously hopeful that this new investigation will accomplish both.”
Read Operation Rescue’s full report: Curtis Boyd Under Investigation by NM Medical Board in Abortion Patient’s Death
- Congressman Steve Pearce issued the following statement,
“New Mexico Medical Board has officially launched an investigation into Curtis Boyd, owner of Southwestern Women’s Options, following the death of an Albuquerque woman who suffered from complications during a late term abortion. This investigation into Boyd, who performed the abortion, is rightfully happening after much delay. I have been in the fight to uphold the law and protect freedoms and liberties of women in New Mexico and across the nation. No one is above the law, and it is time we hold those accountable for their wrongful actions.”
- Read Congressman Steve Pearce’s full statement here
- 2021: Abortion Free New Mexico Whistleblower Investigations Named #1 Top Pro-Life Reports of 2021
Our whistleblower investigations at Abortion Free New Mexico, exposing adverse vaccine related pregnancy complications, was named Operation Rescue’s #1 top Pro-Life Reports of 2021!
Thank you Operation Rescue for helping to expose the truth.
“Abortion Free New Mexico was one of the first national groups to sound the alarm regarding the experimental COVID-19 injections and the risks posed to pregnant women and their babies. It is now common knowledge that there are major concerns about these shots, except among those who are willfully turning a blind eye to what is clearly unfolding before us,” stated Tara Shaver, spokeswoman for Abortion Free New Mexico.
Previous RELATED reports by Abortion Free New Mexico:
- Breaking: 28 Week Pre-born Baby Dies in Utero After Maternal COVID Vaccination
- UPDATE: Whistleblower Reveals Additional Pregnancy Complications After COVID 19 Vaccine
- Vaccine Animal Trials Reveal Threat To Life In The Womb
- Staggering Increase of Vaccine Injuries Including Death, Birth Defects and Spontaneous Abortion
Watch Two Interviews with the Whistleblower:
- Whistleblower Part I: “COVID Injections Can Cause Miscarriages”
- Whistleblower Part II: “COVID Injections are KILLING PEOPLE.”
Please keep our efforts in your prayers and consider supporting our LIFE saving work. Your financial support will keep us in the trenches and make it possible for us to continue our fight for LIFE!
Highlights of the Past 11 Years of Ministry in New Mexico:
- 2019 Year in Review: Top 10 Highlights
- 2018 Year in Review: Top 10 Highlights
- 2017 Year In Review: Top 10 Highlights
- 2016 Year In Review: Top 5 Highlights
- 2015 Bud and Tara Shaver’s Year In Review
- 2014 Year In Review: Top 5 Highlights
2013 Year In Review (5 post highlights)
- 2013 The Year of Public Awareness- ABQ Year In Review Highlight #1
- 2013 The Year of Public Awareness- ABQ Year In Review Highlight #2
- 2013 The Year of Public Awareness- ABQ Year In Review Highlight #3
- 2013 The Year of Public Awareness- ABQ Year In Review Highlight #4
- 2013 The Year of Public Awareness- ABQ Year In Review Highlight #5