Albuquerque, NM- As we conclude this united prayer and fasting campaign to end abortion in New Mexico, trusting the words of Jesus (Matthew 17:14-21) that some deeply entrenched demonic strongholds can only be cast out, “except by prayer and fasting.” Over the past 7 weeks we have seen droughts broken, the desire to break generational curses from a member of Curtis Boyd’s family, confirmation of an investigation by the New Mexico Medical Board into the abortion related death of a local woman at the hands of late term abortionist Curtis Boyd, this effort has crossed the border from New Mexico into Texas the birthplace of abortion and the birthplace of Boyd’s baby killing empire. We believe strongholds are being broken by the Lord as we have prayed and fasted together in this united effort!
One thing that is sorely lacking in New Mexico as we move forward is the need for bold pro-life leadership in state government. This week we stood in solidarity with Congressman Steve Pearce as the pro-life candidate for Governor which represents a positive shift that even local media recognizes as significant. As we wrap up this initial prayer and fasting effort we want to make sure that what has been cast out as a result of these efforts is not replaced with that which is more evil as is described in Matthew 12. We must replace the evil with good righteous leaders and continue to keep pro-life efforts united with the goal of ending all abortions in New Mexico ensuring that every pre-born child is valued and protected.
Please join with us in this last week of prayer and fasting asking the Lord to appoint pro-life leaders to fill the void in state leadership as we approach the upcoming election later this year.
This week’s final scripture reading is from, Matthew 12:43-45
“This evil nation is like a man possessed by a demon. For if the demon leaves, it goes into the deserts for a while, seeking rest but finding none. Then it says, ‘I will return to the man I came from.’ So it returns and finds the man’s heart clean but empty! Then the demon finds seven other spirits more evil than itself, and all enter the man and live in him. And so he is worse off than before.”
- An end to all abortion in New Mexico.
- For strongholds that are keeping abortion in New Mexico to be broken.
- For the closure of the last 5 abortion facilities in the state.
- For the women considering an abortion.
- For the conversion of all abortion facility workers.
- For the women who’ve participated in a previous abortion and need healing.
- For the New Mexico Medical Board’s investigation into Curtis Boyd’s involvement in the late term abortion death of an Albuquerque woman last year.
- For the New Mexico Nursing Board investigation into illegal abortions performed by Planned Parenthood abortionist Vivianne Clark.
- For the upcoming 2018 New Mexico election.
Note: Fasting can be done in many ways.
- Some may choose to fast from sunrise to sunset.
- Others may choose to fast from 6:00am-3:00pm as a partial fast.
- For others, a fast might be one full meal for the day, as well as two smaller meals that together are not equal to a full meal.
Abortion Free New Mexico has been asked to join in weekly prayer and fasting on Wednesday for an end to abortion in New Mexico until March 28th. We invite those in the body of Christ who are able to join us in this spiritual discipline to break the stronghold and spirit of death that surrounds us.
This is a united effort between both Non-Catholic and Catholic Christians who are committed to ending abortion in New Mexico. For more information during the season of Lent Catholics are encouraged to visit this website.
- United In Prayer and Fasting to End Abortion In New Mexico
- Week 2: United In Prayer and Fasting to End Abortion In New Mexico
- Week 3: United In Prayer and Fasting to End Abortion In New Mexico
- Week 4: United In Prayer and Fasting to End Abortion In New Mexico
- Week 5: United In Prayer and Fasting to End Abortion In New Mexico
- Week 6: United In Prayer and Fasting to End Abortion In New Mexico