By Bud Shaver
Washington DC- Twelve years ago in 2007 our lives were forever changed! Tara and I were working in an apartment ministry in Flagstaff, Arizona when we went to Spirit West Coast with a group of college students. After watching our favorite Christian bands…
Tara simply took information at a pro-life booth and the rest is history!
Driving back to Flagstaff, AZ from San Diego, California our hearts were penetrated with the reality of the Abortion Holocaust that has taken 1/3rd of our generation!
We prayed a simple prayer,
“Lord we commit our lives to your service to work to end this grave injustice until you call us home with you, or until abortion is ended in America. Use us as you see fit we humbly pray.”
The pro-life booth that Tara took information from was Survivors of the Abortion Holocaust and in addition to pro-life facts, it included an invitation to their annual pro-life training camp. We attended their camp in 2007 and our lives have never been the same. We never looked back and have been fulfilling our commitment to God, to work to end abortion, ever since! After attending the pro-life training camp in 2007 we moved to Riverside California in 2008 to work with Survivors as assistant Directors of the Campus Life Tour where we toured the country visiting over 180 college campuses and High Schools from 2008-2009. After that, we moved to Wichita Kansas to work as interns with Operation Rescue from 2009-2010 and have been full-time pro-life missionaries working in Albuquerque New Mexico from 2010 until the present (2019).
Join Bud Shaver in Washington D.C. This Year!
Bud Shaver of Abortion Free New Mexico and Fr. Stephen Imbarrato director of Life Ministries US will be leaders at this years camp in our nation’s capital and they would like you to join them in the action!
- Life Ministries US is providing a full scholarship to THREE pro-life youth from Albuquerque, New Mexico and would like to sponsor at least TWO more!
- Please share this information with any pro-life families you know! Survivors will be stopping in Albuquerque to pick up THREE youth and there is room in their van for at least TWO more!
- Respond to this email if you know someone who would like to join Survivors in Washington DC!
LIFE MINISTRIES U.S. IS PROVIDING FREE SCHOLARSHIPS SO THAT PRO-LIFE YOUTH CAN ATTEND FREE OF CHARGE!
Fr. Stephen Imbarrato: The Protest Priest issued the following statement, “If you know any high school or college age student who would like to learn and experience pro-life activism leadership, this is the summer camp for them!”
Do you know any young people who you’d like to see activated to stand up for the pre-born?
- Survivors Annual Pro-Life Bootcamp will forever change the lives of the young people who attend! They will build lifelong friendships with other young people who want to do more than “Be Pro-life” they will want to “Act Pro-life”!!!
- For More information visit: ProLifeCamp.com
“The Survivors Pro-Life Training Camp provides endless opportunities for exciting and effective activism. However, before you begin any activism, you will participate in several days of workshops and training sessions taught by experienced pro-life leaders. These workshops are designed to equip you to confidently present the pro-life message on the streets, in schools, and to your peers. Whether you’ve been in the pro-life fight for years, or are new to the cause, you will come away with a fresh perspective and better equipped to intercede for the pre-born.”
WHEN: July 16 – 26, 2019
WHERE: Washington D.C.
WHO: High school and college-age youth (ages 14 -25 yrs. old)
HOW MUCH: Camp fee is $475, but there are many ways to come to camp at little or no cost to you. Check out the Group Discounts and fundraising ideas here! Camp fee includes food, lodging, training materials, and transportation once you have arrived at camp.
Look What SurvIvors Camp Did For Us!
Testimony by Bud Shaver of Abortion Free New Mexico
“In 2002 Tara and I met at a Bible College in Texas. I was ordained and Tara completed an apprentice missionary program. We married in 2004, moved to Arizona, and worked fulltime in various ministries. Then it happened. In 2007, we heard about Survivors camp and even though we were older than most who attend, Survivors leadership gave us a green light to come as a married couple.
Those 14 days at camp changed our life forever. We surrendered all of our other ministry efforts and joined the Survivors Campus Outreach Team! Tara and I toured the nation for a year, visiting over 180 high schools and colleges, an experience that chiseled us into seasoned, uncompromising pro-life activists. We have never been the same.”
- Watch a short (3 min) video message from 2008 sharing about our time with Survivors: Survivors Campus Life Tour Bud and Tara Interview
Having served with Survivors opened many doors for us and we went to work as Operation Rescue interns. After learning the most cutting edge and effective tactics, proven to peacefully shut down abortion killing centers, we were sent to Albuquerque, New Mexico.”
- To see the rest of our story… Visit: AbortionFreeNM.com
Please forward and share this email with others. This is truly a life changing opportunity for young people.
- Tara Shaver in Dallas with the Survivors: Dallas Mini Camp 2018
- Bud and Tara teach at 20th Annual Survivors Camp San Francisco, California 2017
- Survivors New Mexico Pro-Life Training Conference & Public Awareness Campaign Aug 2013
- The New Face of the Anti-Abortion Movement (Vice News)
Thank you for standing with us for life and truth!
“Therefore we ought to support people like these, that we may be fellow workers for the truth.” (3 John 1:8)