This July was packed full of so many blessings! Thanks to you we traveled many miles to Washington D.C. for two very important outreaches and Bud’s trial for the Red Rose Rescue he did in March.
Bud’s mom stayed with our big kids while Tara was in D.C. and then remained until I returned on the 26th. We are both SO grateful that she spent almost the whole month in New Mexico and was such a huge help to Tara. While my mom was here Tara and I also celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary (and were actually able to have a date night.)
So many blessings and so much to be thankful for. We especially thank God for you! Your faithful and fervent prayers on behalf of our family, our ministry and our state are so powerful. Your financial support keeps us in this battle for life. Every life is so precious to the Lord and so together we continue to move forward seeking justice for the babies. God bless you abundantly!
RED ROSE RESCUE CHARGES DISMISSED IN WASHINGTON D.C.
Red Rose Rescuer’s Bud Shaver, Fr. Stephen Imbarrato and Lauren Handy appeared in the Washington D.C. Superior court on July 23, 2019 for their March 19, 2019 Red Rose Rescue that took place at the notorious late term abortion center, Washington Surgi-Clinic. In a major victory, all charges against them have been dismissed. Washington Surgi-Clinic performs abortions on babies beyond 27 weeks of pregnancy.
During a Red Rose Rescue devout Christians enter abortion facilities with red roses to distribute to pregnant mother’s that are present for their abortion appointments. Being present in the facility allows the rescuers to be prayerful and intentional as they sit with these women and urge them to leave and accept the help that is readily available to them. Red Rose Rescuers also serve to stand in solidarity with the babies that will be killed at the request of their own parents.
These rescues are just one way that Christians can heed the call of Christ to carry their own cross and follow him.
Bud Shaver issued the following statement,
“I am so thankful that the charges against us have been dismissed as myself, Fr. Stephen and Lauren Handy merely followed our conscience and acted on behalf of the innocent pre-born babies who die daily in our nation’s capital and across America. Instead of spending 7 days in jail, which was what I anticipated, we will continue to be with the Survivors of the Abortion Holocaust for activism events in Washington D.C. and touring the White House. Thank you to everyone who has prayed for and supported us in our efforts.”
Fr. Stephen Imbarrato issued the following statement,
“I’m glad the Red Rose Rescue charges were dismissed because of course we did nothing wrong. We are merely trying to save babies and bring more attention in Washington D.C. to the daily mass murder of pre-born children that is sanctioned, protected and funded by our government.
- Church Militant spoke with Bud Shaver of Abortion Free New Mexico and Fr. Stephen Imbarrato of Protest Child Killing.
- Full interview with Church Militant: DC JUDGE DISMISSES CASE AGAINST PRO-LIFE RED ROSE RESCUERS
“The glaring disproportional response by law enforcement in Michigan and Washington, D.C. to the peaceful Red Rose Rescue efforts highlights the constitutional crisis that Roe vs. Wade has created in America.”Bud Shaver of Abortion Free New Mexico
- Learn more about our non-profit Life Ministries US at LifeMinistriesUS.org
Above and below are pictures from various activism locations in D.C. during camp. From the Smithsonian portrait gallery (home to the Margaret Sanger bust) to the Lincoln Memorial, we brought the truth to the masses.
- Full Survivors Pro-Life Camp recap: SURVIVORS TAKE WASHINGTON D.C. BY STORM
Holy Nation Covenant Renewal
- Call to Repentance & Return to Holiness in our Nations’s Capital
A call to repentance and holiness is not always a welcome call for us as Americans but it is truly needed as we contemplate the blood of the innocents that continues to be shed daily in our nation. We were humbled to participate in this important event in our nation’s capital where it all began.
In unity we marched around the Supreme Court, the highest court in our land 7 times. Upon arrival of the coffin of the unknown baby, we knelt in prayer at the nations capital while the declaration of repentance was read. While our efforts were very much physical, we know that the Lord works through our efforts in the spiritual realm. Our prayer is that this is just the beginning and that more people will truly repent on behalf of our nation and pursue holiness.
1 Peter 1:15-16 makes it clear what our calling is:
“But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”
Back from D.C. and Back to Work…
We’ve teamed up with the Albuquerque Tea Party to oppose pro-abortion politicians and in July at a local Democrat Debate watch party. Also, pictured are some of the faithful who join us for Faith to Action Fridays as we light up the darkness and stand for the babies being killed at UNM’s free standing abortion center.
Join Us: Events in August
- Faith to Action Fridays: August 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th 9:00-10:00am at the UNM Center for Reproductive Health abortion center located at 2301 Yale Blvd NE. Albuquerque, NM 87106. Use street parking on Renard. Family friendly, everyone is welcome.
- South Valley ABQ Walk for Life: Saturday, August 24th 10:00am Starting at Praise and Worship Center located at 3044 Isleta SW Albuquerque NM 87105. Family friendly, everyone is welcome.
“Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you.” (1 Samuel 12:24)
Thank you for standing with us for life!
We are a Christian missionary family serving in Albuquerque, NM. Putting our faith into action, for the past 8 years we have exposed Albuquerque as the late term abortion capital of the nation and have worked to bring accountability to an unregulated abortion industry that is killing children in their mothers wombs up to the day of birth.
In order to be the most effective in our pro-life ministry, we do this important work full time while homeschooling our children and raising them to have a biblical worldview. We rely solely on the provision of the Lord and individuals like you to provide for our daily needs.
We are pursuing and working toward an abortion free New Mexico, where every pre-born child is valued and protected.
We would be blessed to have you partner with us in this ministry. Your prayers and support are invaluable.
*You can schedule a secure monthly or one time tax deductible donation online. Simply select Bud and Tara- Pro-Life Witness from the drop down ministry menu.
Or mail checks made out to Life Ministries U.S. to:
P.O. Box 50351
Albuquerque, NM 87181
Earmark: Pro-Life Pin
*Checks made out to Life Ministries U.S. are tax deductible.
We thank the Lord for you and pray for you. Please feel free to send us your specific prayer requests in the return envelope or by email.
Blessings, Bud and Tara Shaver
Please pray with us for New Mexico and our Nation
- For: God to show us the weakest links of the last 5 of New Mexico’s abortion facilities so that we can effectively work toward the closure of New Mexico’s last remaining abortion facilities.
- For: Christians to engage the culture war and for churches to be open to education and voter registration. Learn more: Church Initiative
- For: Effective collaboration between like minded groups in New Mexico to end abortion, educate and effect future elections.
- Please pray for wisdom for us in our marriage, as parents and for our ministry to be fruitful.
We couldn’t do this important work without God’s calling and hand upon us as well as your faithful prayers and support.
- Please pray for wisdom, guidance and strategy for us as parents and as missionaries.
- We couldn’t do this important work without God’s calling and hand upon us as well as your faithful prayers and support.
Other ways to sow into an Abortion Free New Mexico
- Tithe a portion of your tax return to our ministry.
- Contact Real Estate for Life when buying or purchasing a home.
- Select Life Ministries US as your charitable organization at smile.Amazon.com
- Share this newsletter with others.
We’re humbled to have you partner with us in our ministry here in New Mexico.
- May the Lord bless you and your family. Know that you are always in our prayers.