Albuquerque, NM- This week as we come together to pray and fast on behalf of New Mexico, for a complete and total end to abortion and for the upcoming election, let us be mindful of the new thing that God wants to do here. This week’s prayer focus comes from Isaiah 43:19, and is prophetic when we consider the crossroads that New Mexico is facing. The Lord can make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert and we believe that He has given us the chance to see it coming. The question becomes will His people rise to the occasion? Standing together sacrificially this week, may the Lord see our hearts and hear our pleas for the babies and for the change that we hope to see come in New Mexico.
On Sunday, October 28th there will be a Southern New Mexico Pro-Life Legislative Summit. This Summit has covered the entire state, so please add it to your prayer list this week, that it will be a success. Below is an invitation, please share with others in the Southern New Mexico area.
BIBLE VERSE FOR REFLECTION THIS WEEK:
“Behold, I am about to do something new; even now it is coming. Do you not see it? Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. (Isaiah 43:19)
Prayer points this week:
- For God’s people to rise to the occasion and vote for life between now and election day.
- For God’s will to be accomplished in New Mexico.
- For a successful Southern New Mexico Summit and for fruit to come forth from all three Pro-Life Legislative Summits.
- For the closure of New Mexico’s five remaining abortion facilities.
SOUTHERN NEW MEXICO PRO-LIFE LEGISLATIVE SUMMIT
- Michelle Garcia Holmes for Lt. Governor of New Mexico
- Rep. Yvette Herrell for U.S. Congress (District 2)
- Rep. David Gallegos Representing District 61
- Special message read on behalf on Steve Pearce for Governor of New Mexico
- Other speakers to be determined
“It is a blessing to see people from the faith community unite and stand up against the horrible act of late-term termination of babies in the state of New Mexico, 43 other states have a ban on this egregious act and so should New Mexico.”
-Michelle Garcia Holmes for Lt. Governor of New Mexico
- DATE: Sunday, October 28th
- TIME: 2:00PM-4:00PM
- LOCATION: The Dream Center, 1400 Sixth St., Las Cruces NM 88005
- This is a united effort between both Non-Catholic and Catholic Christians who are committed to ending abortion in New Mexico.
Fasting can be done in many ways.
- Some may choose to fast from sunrise to sunset.
- Others may choose to fast from 6:00am-3:00pm as a partial fast.
- For others, a fast might be one full meal for the day, as well as two smaller meals that together are not equal to a full meal.
The upcoming election is 14 days away and in New Mexico it will absolutely determine whether or not the Land of Enchantment elects leaders who will stand for justice and righteousness or corruption and bedlam.