By Bud Shaver,
Albuquerque, New Mexico- Due to the increasing number of abortion facilities in Albuquerque, the body of Christ must rise to the occasion to pray and minister to women seeking abortions at these new locations. In response to this, Abortion Free New Mexico is expanding our prayer initiative, “No Sidewalk Without the Savior” to include Alamo Women’s abortion clinic every Saturday!
- Alamo Women’s is only open from 9:00AM-1:00PM on Saturdays. To sign up for a one hour prayer slot, click HERE to sign up online.
Alamo Women’s Clinic is a San Antonio based abortion facility that opened a new location in Albuquerque, New Mexico after Roe vs. Wade was overturned. In Albuquerque, Alamo Women’s abortionist and facility owner, Alan Braid, is performing abortions up to 18 weeks of pregnancy. The majority of their clientele is made up of Texas women and they have a list of over 300 organizations on their website that will help pay for these out of state women’s abortions! Some of these abortion fund organizations will pay for a round trip airplane ticket and/or lodging and gas for a woman to travel out of their home state for an abortion.
“Abortion Free New Mexico cares for every woman seeking an abortion, we sympathize with them in their dire situation and we value their pre-born children who are worthy of life outside the womb. Therefore, we must increase our prayerful presence at these places of death, but we can’t do it alone and that’s why we’re asking for your help to fill the Saturday prayer slots. The abortion bound women traveling here from out of state visually need to see that the people of New Mexico are present for them, are praying for them, and willing to help them. Every woman considering an abortion, no matter how far she has travelled, deserves to know that she has positive alternatives to abortion, stated Tara Shaver of Abortion Free New Mexico.”
In addition to Saturday’s at the Alamo Women’s abortion clinic, Abortion Free New Mexico has a vibrant community of volunteers that faithfully pray at the UNM Center for Reproductive Health abortion facility on Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. There are still open hours for those who do have availability during the week to pray.
- Click HERE to sign up for one hour of prayer at UNM Center for Reproductive Health
“No Sidewalk Without The Savior,” is a ministry effort of Abortion Free New Mexico. We believe in the power of prayer to change hearts and minds, as we reflect the love of Jesus by extending grace and truth, at our city’s darkest and most hopeless places, abortion facilities. When two or more of God’s people gather for prayer, Our Savior is present and is able to light up the darkness and bring hope. Will you join us in shining the light of Christ in our city? Just one hour of your time can save a baby’s life.
Take Action to Stop Chemical Abortions- Saturday’s 2PM-3PM at Two Locations: Albuquerque & Rio Rancho
Walgreens and CVS pharmacies are now dispensing the chemical abortion drug- Mifepristone. Mifepristone is the first of the two pills used in a chemical abortion. The drug works by cutting off nutrients necessary for a fetus to continue developing. The second drug, misoprostol, is taken 24 to 48 hours later and induces contractions that expel the dead unborn child.
Join one of two local Protests!
Time: 2PM to 3PM
Contact: Rosemary- 705-879-5360 (Cellphone)
Rio Rancho Location
Time: 2Pm to 3PM
Contact: Gwen- 505-366-4494 (Landline)
Make your own protest signs:
- CVS (or Walgreens) Plans to Kill Babies
- Stop Abortion at CVS (or Walgreens)
- Boycott CVS (or Walgreens)
Click HERE for more resources and downloadable fliers to pass out!
1. Here’s the call to action– If you purchase your prescriptions at CVS or Walgreens—TELL your local pharmacy that you are no longer patronizing the store and tell them why. You can make a copy of one of the articles below—see links—and give the pharmacy manager a copy of the article. And of course URGE that the particular pharmacy make a decision to NOT be one of the stores that WILL dispense the killer drugs.
Links to Articles:
2. Write a letter of protest to the CVS and Walgreens headquarters—see addresses below.
Contact info for Walgreens and CVS:
- Click HERE to contact Walgreens
200 Wilmot Road MS #2002
Deerfield, IL 60015
- Click HERE to contact CVS
CVS Corporation (Customer Relations)
One CVS Drive
Woonsocket, RI 02895
3. TAKE TO THE STREETS! Organize a picket of YOUR local Walgreens and/or CVS!