In a recent interview with Owen Shroyer of InfoWars, Bud Shaver of Abortion Free New Mexico stated, “Late Term Abortion is where the money is.”
Read this latest report from Operation Rescue to learn why…
In 2019 Abortion Free New Mexico partnered with Operation Rescue in their annual project to call every abortion mill in the country. The data collected is used widely to show that the numbers of abortion mills continue to decrease.
Survey Results Show Disturbing Trend: More Abortion Clinics Moving into the Late-Term Abortion Business
By Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Vice President of Operation Rescue
Washington, D.C. – Operation Rescue released the second part of a two-part report, “The Status of American Abortion Facilities in 2019.” Today’s report reveals the disturbing trend that more surgical abortion facilities are now conducting abortions at later gestational stages overall.
Today, there are 710 abortion facilitiesin the U.S., comprised of 464 surgical and 245 medical abortion clinics. Of the 464 surgical abortion facilities, 177 limit abortions to 14-19 weeks gestation while 143 clinics will conduct abortion at 20 weeks gestation or later.
Despite an overall decrease in surgical abortion facilities, these numbers represent an increase in the number of facilities willing to abort babies in the second and third trimesters of pregnancies.
“Much of the data gathered during our survey this year either debunks pro-abortion rhetoric or red-flags dangerous trends,” said Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue. “We see women being exploited by rising prices and a rush to get abortions done. We also see abortion becoming riskier with the new push into dangerous late-term abortions. This information exposes areas where more can be done to save lives.”
Other noteworthy facts are revealed in Operation Rescue’s survey results.
- The national average cost of a first-trimester abortion rose to a record high of $603 in 2019, the greatest increase in three years.
- The national average wait time for abortion appointments remains under a week at 6.8 days, which is more than two weeks less than it takes to arrange a first appointment with a family physician.
- Planned Parenthood had decreased the number of abortion facilities participating in abortions at 20 weeks or more, opting instead to focus on dominating the first trimester chemical abortion market.
Each year, Operation Rescue conducts a nationwide survey that involves contact with each abortion business in the U.S. The information gathered about the abortion clinics and their practices represents the most accurate data available.
This most recent data was compiled by Operation Rescue, which conducted a survey of all abortion facilities in the U.S. from November 18 through December 6, 2019.
- Read the full report- Part 2: Disturbing Trend: More Abortion Clinics Moving into the Late-Term Abortion Business
- Read Part One: New Survey: Since 2013, 367 Abortion Facilities Closed!
Abortion Free New Mexico leaders Bud and Tara Shaver formerly interned with Operation Rescue in 2009. Commissioned by Operation Rescue to Albuquerque in 2010, they are implementing several proven strategies, in an effort to make New Mexico, “Abortion Free.”