By Bud Shaver
Albuquerque, NM- This is the final week of prayer and fasting on behalf of New Mexico, for a complete and total end to abortion and for the upcoming election. Thank you to everyone who has joined us in this spiritual discipline believing that the Lord hears our prayers and will act according to His will. Let’s all finish strong this week united together as the body of Christ.
This week’s prayer focus comes from Matthew 17: 14-21, and are the very words of Jesus to his disciples when they faced strongholds that seemed to big for them. Jesus reminded them that with faith nothing was too big to overcome and encouraged them that with some demonic strongholds, they needed to combine their faith with action and in this case, specifically the spiritual discipline of fasting. As we wrap up 5 weeks of prayer and fasting for an end to abortion we are trusting the words of Jesus that this “mountain” in New Mexico can be removed from our midst.
This prayer campaign culminates with the upcoming election on Tuesday, November 6th. It is our prayer that the result of this election will be the appointment of bold leaders who have committed to ending late term abortion in New Mexico and close the abortion clinics “with force if necessary.” To accomplish this, we must combine our faith, that God can end abortion in New Mexico, with action and specifically our vote for pro-life leaders next week. Our prayer is that this combination of faith and action will bring an end to abortion in New Mexico!
BIBLE VERSE FOR REFLECTION THIS WEEK:
“And when they had come to the multitude, a man came to Him, kneeling down to Him and saying, “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and suffers severely; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water. So I brought him to Your disciples, but they could not cure him.” Then Jesus answered and said, “O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me.” And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour. Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?” So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.” (Matthew 17: 14-21)
Prayer points this week:
- For God’s people to rise to the occasion and vote for life between now and election day.
- For God’s will to be accomplished in New Mexico.
- For Godly leaders to be appointed on November 6th.
- For the closure of New Mexico’s fiveremaining abortion facilities.
EARLY VOTING IS NOW UNDERWAY…
- FIND YOUR REGISTRATION AND ELECTION INFORMATION (SAMPLE BALLOT/VOTING LOCATIONS) HERE
- LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CANDIDATES HERE
- We encourage you to help get your friends and family out to the polls from now until election day November 6th to VOTE PRO-LIFE
Abortion Free New Mexico has been asked to join in weekly prayer and fasting on Wednesdays during the month of October leading up to election day on November 6, 2018specifically for the upcoming election and for an end to abortion in New Mexico. We invite those in the body of Christ who are able to, to join us in this spiritual discipline.
- This is a united effort between both Non-Catholic and Catholic Christians who are committed to ending abortion in New Mexico.
Fasting can be done in many ways.
- Some may choose to fast from sunrise to sunset.
- Others may choose to fast from 6:00am-3:00pm as a partial fast.
- For others, a fast might be one full meal for the day, as well as two smaller meals that together are not equal to a full meal.
The upcoming election is NEXT WEEK and in New Mexico it will absolutely determine whether or not the Land of Enchantment elects leaders who will stand for justice and righteousness or corruption and bedlam.