By Bud Shaver,
Albuquerque, New Mexico- This weekend the Republican Party of New Mexico will hold its pre-primary convention to select the candidates that will be on the June primary election ballot. Abortion Free New Mexico leaders are delegates and will be present to cast votes representing Bernalillo County.
Abortion Free New Mexico is pleased to release its most up to date list of candidates who have signed a simple yet solid pro-life pledge. This pledge serves as a tangible declaration that defending life is a priority to each candidate that signs it. It is an assurance for the voter to know where each candidate stands.
Candidates who sign Abortion Free New Mexico’s pro-life pledge are not receiving an official endorsement. Abortion Free New Mexico does not endorse candidates, we simply let you know who stands for life and entrust you, the voter, with the responsibility to see where the candidates stand on other important issues. Life, however, is the preeminent issue when choosing a candidate to vote for because without life, nothing else matters.
Abortion Free New Mexico provides the candidates an opportunity to solidify their pro-life position by signing the pro-life pledge but the voters, their constituents, ultimately have to make the final decision who best represents them. Abortion Free New Mexico would love for every candidate to sign a pro-life pledge regardless of party affiliation. Please contact the candidates and see where they stand on other issues that are important to you. Vote your values and refuse to be silenced.
Abortion Free New Mexico’s Pro-Life Pledge states:
I pledge to defend life from conception to natural death. In making and keeping this pledge, I am committed to ending all abortion and all assisted suicide in the state of New Mexico.”
2022 Candidates who have signed Abortion Free New Mexico’s Pro-Life Pledge:
- Jay Block (R)for New Mexico Governor
- Ethel Maharg (R) for New Mexico Governor
- Greg Zanetti (R) for New Mexico Governor
- Karen Bedonie (L)for New Mexico Governor
- Isabella Solis (R)for New Mexico Lieutenant Governor
- Anthony Thornton (R) for New Mexico Lieutenant Governor
- Patrick Lyons (R) for New Mexico Lieutenant Governor
- Anastacia Golden Morper (R) for New Mexico Lieutenant Governor
- Michelle Garcia Holmes (R) for US Congress District 1
- Steve McFall (R) U.S. Congress District 3
- Audrey Trujillo (R) for New Mexico Secretary of State
- Joshua James for Bernalillo County Sheriff
- Harry Montoya for New Mexico Treasurer
- Jeff Byrd Commissioner of Public Lands
Tara Shaver spokeswoman for Abortion Free New Mexico issued the following statement,
“We are encouraged to have so many candidates sign Abortion Free New Mexico’s pro-life pledge to defend life from conception until natural death. We have worked hard over the years to encourage all of the candidates to boldly stand for life. We are thankful that so many candidates in virtually every elected office are not shying away from boldly declaring their pro-life position. These candidates are proud to stand for life and we stand with them for a better New Mexico. Together we are a stronger voice for those who have none.